This article was translated from our Spanish edition using AI technologies. Errors may exist due to this process. Opinions expressed by Contractor the contributors are theirs.
It ends in 2021, it is time to develop the strategies with which you will give direction to your startup in 2022. Remember that within your strategies, you must always consider one focused on Content Marketing ( content marketing ). Without it, it will be more difficult to create leads or increase conversions.
Statista points out that Content Marketing grossed $ 42 billion annually and that statistic will continue to grow. This is why many companies have made such a strategy a priority, if they don’t, they risk falling behind.
Planning, creating and distributing valuable and relevant content helps you interact and build a relationship with your target market. It is essential to know who your customer is: their problems, their behaviors and their needs. Through content marketing, you can cultivate a positive customer experience by guiding them through every step of their buying journey.
If you are a startup that is considering implementing such a strategy, G2 Consultores, a firm specializing in creating strategies for startups, makes the following recommendations on Content Marketing trends to make 2022 the year of your business:
1. Create a strategy whose goal is to retain your customers (not just to attract new ones). A content strategy can be very successful if it is of good quality and executed correctly. Don’t think about creating one that aims to attract potential customers; Focus on creating content strategies to retain your current customers, remember that it is cheaper to retain than to attract new consumers. To do this, work on constantly updating your website and developing a pleasant customer experience so that they come back to your site.
2. Don’t forget to help yourself with data and artificial intelligence. Take full advantage of data processing technology, it will facilitate decision making when generating new content. Don’t sail in the dark. Using the database is already a must, as it allows you to get a better user experience and personalized service for your customers. Obviously, you will need to know what your customer is looking for, as well as the data of your business activity, for example what type of blog posts you will be doing, on what channels you will share it and in what type of formats, in order to link your strategies to your needs and interests.
3. Create a podcast. The years 2020 and 2021 were a turning point for brand-client or brand-client communication due to the pandemic. Not only has there been an increase in the use of digital media, but also the change of formats. The podcast functioned as a tool to facilitate educational content; Since they’re a great way to share information on a wide range of topics, you can market yourself as a influencer in the industry you belong to and it works as a good strategy for your content marketing.
Podcast overview recorded nearly 2 million podcasts and over 48 million episodes in 2021. As a content marketing strategist, he will help you share stories and get your products and services noticed in a very subtle way. You can take advantage of your social networks to promote it and these will help you at the same time to attract followers. What you can’t translate to text, you can definitely do through a podcast.
4. Optimize your SEO . Consistency in SEO (which means search engine optimization ) is essential for content marketing. Unique, creative, and original content gets registered faster in search engines and ranks higher than repetitive, low-value content. Hubspot research claims that users never go past the first page of search results. Potential visitors won’t see your content if it doesn’t appear on the first page. Therefore, optimizing your content is vital. Generate persuasive, useful, valuable content, make it attractive. Try to solve your customers’ problems where your product or service can help. Remember to use keywords to optimize your content in search engines. Content marketing is SEO friendly and essential for success.
5. Make your content more personal. It’s the heart of a great customer experience. In addition, it helps build trust and improve short and long term ROI throughout the customer journey, it also helps you improve your brand positioning.